It's true, we over-shop at Ikea. I do for sure. While this Time Magazine story reveals the reasons why and what you can do to limit your spending, there's a valuable lesson here for business and for marketing.
Why do you over-shop? Well according to researchers, it's all about delayed gratification, a meandering story-telling set up and your innate desire to deal with your issues by buying more stuff.
“He couldn't act his way out of a paper bag,” is an expression that always makes me laugh. But what does it really mean? I believe it means an actor must start from simplicity, stripped down in order to achieve authenticity and then build the character from there. Unsuccessful actors won't even be able to find their way out of a paper bag if they can't do it.
Today I heard an interview with film director Kenneth Br...
This week, the company I founded will turn 7 years old. And like a 7 year old, this is what I've learned:
1) a dark room is only scary until you light it with your own personal light
2) people are good but some tend to be selfish, don't be one of them
3) math IS important, if you don't think so you are in BIG trouble
4) always tell the truth, even if it gets you in trouble
5) inevitably if you dress wrong it will be picture...